Staves are a type of weapon found in WoTMUD.
Staves come in both one-handed and two-handed varieties. The one-handed varieties, combined with a shield, offer superior defense.
One-handed staves offer poor damage but the highest PB of all weapon types. Two-handed staves offer better damage and also have very high PB.
Some popular one-handed staves include:
- a walking staff - This simple weapon is easy to find and affords high PB. It does not give much damage, however.
- a yew staff - This weapon gives superior PB compared to the walking staff, and is the most potent defensive weapon when paired with a good shield.
Some popular two-handed staves include:
- a leatherleaf staff - An easy-to-find staff, available in multiple shops, offers great PB, at the cost of rather low OB. It has moderate damage, as well.
- a bladed feather staff - Offers the highest OB of any staff, with good PB and damage.
- a staff of sungwood - Best defensive 2-handed staff, with high PB and good OB.
Where to Find StavesEdit
The leatherleaf staff can be found in multiple shops, selling for only a few gold crowns. These include Maradon, Tanchico, Tar Valon, and Mayene's weapon stores. The honed staff can also be found in these shops.
The walking staff can be found on the ground at the Limestone Cliffs, a few rooms outside of Illian's northern gate, where it is also offered as a crier quest. It can also be found in Tar Valon's shop.
List of StavesEdit
|a blackwood quarterstaff||3d5||71||68||5.0 lbs||2||5||50|
|a bladed feather staff||5d6||84||85||11.0 lbs||2||Craftable|
|a cane||30||10||2.0 lbs||1||4||10|
|a carved sourgum staff||3d5||69||65||5.0 lbs||2||5||25||Craftable|
|a gnarled wooden staff||4d4||50||18||9.0 lbs||1||1||3|
|a honed staff of light metal||4d8||70||63||8.0 lbs||2||15||43|
|a leather capped hemlock staff||4d5||75||80||3.0 lbs||2||20||102|
|a leatherleaf staff||5d6||68||93||15.0 lbs||2||16||400|
|a quarterstaff||8d4||72||0||5.0 lbs||2||0||5|
|a spiralling snakewood staff||65||35||3.0 lbs||1||8|
|a staff of alder||4d4||65||62||5.0 lbs||2||10|
|a staff of bone|
|a staff of iridescent blue||75||80||0.5 lbs||2||n/a||n/a||Weave|
|a staff of sungwood||3d9||75||95||5.0 lbs||2||3|
|a staff sheathed in fur||3d6||73||70||5.0 lbs||2||12||50|
|a sturdy bamboo staff||2d7||70||22||4.0 lbs||1||3||9|
|a sungwood walking staff|
|a walking staff||3d5||68||37||5.0 lbs||1||3||35|
|a willow stave||60||60||4.5 lbs||2||8||17|
|a yew staff||3d6||70||40||3.0 lbs||1||10||1500|
|an intricate vine-carved staff||3d4||40||50||5.0 lbs||1||10||15|
|an ironshod staff of oak||4d5||74||80||6.5 lbs||2||5||200||Craftable|
|an old hoe||2||2||0.1 lbs||1||1||1|
|Laman's Folly, the spiraled staff of Avendoraldera||65||45||3.0 lbs||1||1000||Unique|
In Game DescriptionEdit
Warrior Skill Group: Individual skills: Axes Clubs Staves The general weapons group deals with those weapons which are either of a crushing variety, or those which cause a great deal of damage overall. Practicing any skill within this group will result in the other skills to also increase, reflecting the similarity between the weapon types.
- Equipment Trainer WotMUD Equipment Trainer - Accurate equipment trainer for mid to high-end items